Art studio tour returns Sept. 29
By Elizabeth Marie Himchak
A wide variety of art styles will be showcased during Rancho Bernardo Art Association’s third annual art studio tour later this month.
The 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 29 self-guided tour will be held at seven residential studios throughout Rancho Bernardo and Poway. There will be works by 22 award-winning artists on display, in addition to music, refreshments and prize drawings.
The $10 tickets can be purchased in advance or on the tour day, the latter with cash only. To purchase by mail, send a check or money order — written to “RBAA” — by Thursday, Sept. 20 to RBAA, P.O. Box 27202, San Diego, CA 92128. Tickets will also be sold at the RBAA booth during Rancho Bernardo’s 50th birthday party in Webb Park on Saturday, Sept. 22.
Those who order tickets in advance — or who buy on Sept. 29 — can pick up their ticket bracelet and studio map between 9:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. at the RB Swim & Tennis Club, 16955 Bernardo Oaks Drive. For questions, call Ren Daniels at 858-335-5617.
Daniels, RBAA’s president, said based on the previous tours, 200 or more are anticipated to attend. As before, the club has decided to donate 10 percent of ticket sales to the FSH Society, Inc., a nonprofit organization that raises funds for research and education for FacioScapuloHumeral Muscular Dystrophy treatments and cures. One of the club’s members has the FSH form of muscular dystrophy.
She said all the participating artists are among the club’s 70 members. Some on this year’s tour will be the same artists from earlier events, while others will be first-time exhibitors.
In Rancho Bernardo there will be three studios to visit, featuring works by a combined six artists. They are:
• Daniels studio — Ren Daniels (oil, acrylic and watercolor), Carole Patton (acrylic and watercolor) and Phyllis Hensperger (oil).
• Sorrentino studio — Vita Sorrentino (water media and collage).
• Wheeler studio — Tia Wheeler (body cast and acrylic) and Jon Wheeler (photography).
In Poway there will be four studios open, with a combined 16 artists’ creations on display. They are:
• Dispenziere studio — Pat Dispenziere (watercolor and print making), Clementine Porzak (watercolor) and Joy Hecht (watercolor and oil).
• Mitchell studio — Ann Mitchell (glass), Barbara Jahelka (acrylic and oil), Sherry Roper (watercolor and oil) and Irina Bender (oil).
• Stewart studio — Richie Stewart (acrylic), Kathy Mehaffey (watercolor) and Sharon Ford (acrylic).
• Vincent studio — Karen Vincent (watercolor), Bonnie Williams (watercolor, oil and acrylic), Cheryl Boeller (watercolor), Amy Bekier (pastel), Kathy Aldrich (oil) and Marlene Tague (oil).
No related posts.
Short URL: http://www.pomeradonews.com/?p=28545