Dispose of Rx drugs Saturday
(CNS) – Locals with expired or unneeded prescription drugs can dispose of them safely 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today (Saturday) at two area locations by participating in the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration’s fifth National Prescription Take Back Day.
Area locations are:
Poway Sheriff’s Station, 13100 Bowron Road;
Scripps Rancho Bernardo Clinic, 15004 Innovation Drive, Carmel Mountain Ranch
The service is free and anonymous, with no questions asked.
Misuse of prescription drugs is a growing problem in the United States, according to medical and law enforcement officials. The substances often fall into the hands of recreational users – many of them children who filch the substances from their unknowing parents – or are improperly discarded, posing public-health risks.
Medications may be dropped off at any of the following locations in San Diego County:
- Albertsons, 1459 Main St., Ramona;
- Escondido Police Department headquarters, 1163 N. Centre City Pkwy.;
- Fallbrook Sheriff’s Station, 388 E. Alvarado St., Fallbrook;
- Poway Sheriff’s Station, 13100 Bowron Road;
- Scripps Coastal Medical Center, 2176 Salk Ave., Carlsbad;
- Scripps Encinitas Hospital, 354 Santa Fe Drive;
- Scripps Rancho Bernardo Clinic, 15004 Innovation Drive, San Diego; and
- Tri-City Hospital, 4002 Vista Way, Oceanside.
- Mesa College police substation, 7250 Mesa College Drive, San Diego;
- North Park Lions Club, 3927 Utah St., San Diego;
- San Diego Community College Police Department, 1536 Frazee Road;
- San Diego County Juvenile Hall, 2801 Meadow Lark Drive, San Diego;
- San Diego Police Department Eastern Division station, 9225 Aero Drive;
- SDPD Mid-City Division, 4310 Landis St.;
- SDPD Northwestern Division station, 12592 El Camino Real;
- SDPD Southeastern Division station, 7222 Skyline Drive;
- SDPD Western Division station, 5215 Gaines St.;
- Scripps Green Hospital, 10666 N. Torrey Pines Road, San Diego;
- Sharp Health Care corporate offices, 8695 Spectrum Center Blvd., San Diego; and
- University of California San Diego, parking lot 705, Voigt and Campus Point drives.
- Albertsons, 2955 Alpine Blvd., Alpine;
- CVS Pharmacy, 1385 Tavern Road, Alpine;
- El Cajon Police Department headquarters, 100 Civic Center Way;
- Julian Sheriff’s Station, 2907C Washington St.;
- Kaiser Permanente La Mesa Pharmacy, 8080 Parkway Drive;
- La Mesa Police Department headquarters, 8085 University Ave.;
- Lemon Grove Sheriff’s Station, 3240 Main St.;
- San Diego State University, parking information booth, 6095 Canyon Crest Drive (off College Avenue);
- Sycuan Tribal Police Station, 5522 Sycuan Road, Dehesa; and
- Walgreen’s, 10512 Mission Gorge Road, Santee.
- Castle Park High School, 1395 Hilltop Drive, Chula Vista;
- Coronado Police Department headquarters, 700 Orange Ave.;
- Imperial Beach Sheriff’s Station, 845 Imperial Beach Blvd.; and
- National City Police Department headquarters, 1200 National City Blvd.;
Military (active-duty and retired service personnel, beneficiaries and
- Marine Corps Air Station Miramar Branch Medical Clinic, Building
2496, Bauer Road;
- Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton (near pharmacy building);
- Naval Medical Center San Diego, 34800 Bob Wilson Drive;
- Navy Exchange, Naval Base San Diego, 2260 Callagan Highway; and
- Twenty Area parking lot, Wire Mountain Road and Vandegrift Blvd., Camp Pendleton.
No related posts.
Short URL: http://www.pomeradonews.com/?p=29077