CIF Prep Football: Del Norte High’s season comes to an end with loss to St. Augustine
The Del Norte High football team’s season came to an end Friday with a 42-13 loss to No. 1 seed St. Augustine in the quarterfinals of the CIF San Diego Section Division IV playoffs.
The eighth-seeded Nighthawks made a huge amount of progress in their third year with a varsity football program. Del Norte (6-6) won a school-record six games, hosted and won its first playoff game (34-28 over Mission Bay) and had a three-game winning streak – the longest in program history.
The Saints move on to the semifinals, where they will host No. 4 Valley Center Friday night. Valley Center squeaked out a 23-21 win over No. 5 Mar Vista.
- Prep Football: Del Norte High set to host first playoff game in program history
- Prep Football: Del Norte High edges Mt. Carmel, has hope to host first playoff game in program history
- Prep Football: Poway High earns No. 3 seed, Rancho Bernardo stays alive with No. 12 seed; Del Norte to host first playoff game
- Athlete of the Week: Gallant’s fast rise helps Del Norte High take next step
- CIF Prep Football: Belcher’s persistence helps boost Del Norte High to first playoff win in school history
Short URL: http://www.pomeradonews.com/?p=30620