Schedule of local flu shot clinics
Palomar Health is holding community flu shot clinics for ages 9 to adult.
The shots are $20. Cash or checks (with name and address printed by bank plus photo ID) are accepted. Seniors should bring their Medicare and supplemental insurance cards. Receipts are available upon request.
Protection lasts six months to one year. The flu season can start in October and last through May.
The Centers for Disease Control recommends everyone 6 months and older get vaccinated unless they have a severe allergy to chicken eggs, had a severe reaction to an influenza vaccination or history of Guillain-Barré Syndrome. Those with a moderate-to-severe illness with a fever should wait until they recover.
The local Palomar Health flu shot clinics are listed. For other locations, go to www.palomarhealth.org/flu.
• Pomerado Hospital lobby, 15615 Pomerado Road
— Saturday, Nov. 9 from noon to 3 p.m.
— Friday, Nov. 22 from noon to 3 p.m.
— Wednesday, Dec. 4 from 4 to 6 p.m.
— Monday, Dec. 9 from noon to 2 p.m.
— Thursday, Jan. 2 from noon to 2 p.m.
• Canyon Rim Apartments, 10845 Via Los Narcisos — Tuesday, Nov. 5 from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Health officials say get a flu shot early
- Flu shot options for seniors
- Palomar Health laying off 84 employees
- Palomar Health to keep Poway’s Villa Pomerado open
- No. 6 – Year of change in local health care
Short URL: http://www.pomeradonews.com/?p=41333