Poway man is new Encinitas fire chief
A Poway Fire Department division chief has gone to work as the new fire chief in Encinitas.
Jon Canavan began his new job on Oct. 14, according to a press released issued by the City of Encinitas. The department has six stations. Caravan will also provide operational oversight for emergency services in the cities of Del Mar and Solana Beach.
Canavan joined the Poway department in 2003 as a fire division chief after spending 13 years with the San Marcos department. His most recent responsibilities in Poway were as administrative chief and fire marshal.
Canavan lives in Poway with his wife and two sons.
- Burning RV damages Poway house
- Poway no longer in command of 4S Ranch sheriff’s substation
- Dave Roberts, Dianne Jacob sworn in as county supervisors
- Region on high fire alert through Sunday
- Luxury homes prices rise in county
Short URL: http://www.pomeradonews.com/?p=41457