By Emily Sorensen
Poway High School’s Hall of Fame is accepting nominations for a second year of honoring PHS grads.
The Hall of Fame seeks to recognize and celebrate PHS graduates who have made significant contributions and achievements in academics, business, the arts, community service, public service, science, or athletics.
Last year, the Hall of Fame inducted four graduates for its inaugural year: Poway mayor Don Higginson, NBA basketball player Jud Buechler, Jeffrey Belk, a former executive leader at Qualcomm, and Matthew Fei, M.D., a doctor in Seattle, who performed with the Boston Philharmonic Orchestra while attending Harvard Medical School.
The criteria for nominating someone for the Hall of Fame includes:
• Must have graduated with a PHS diploma at least 10 years ago
• Attended Poway High School for at least two years.
• Excelled in at least one of the following areas following graduation: Academics, Business, Arts, Community Service, Public Service, Science or Athletics.
• Achieved as an individual rather than as a member of a group.
• Conducted their personal and professional lives in a manner consistent with the goals and values of the school and the community.
All nominations will be reviewed by a committee and nominees chosen will be inducted into the second Hall of Fame class.
For more information, including nomination forms, deadlines, and information on the Hall of Fame celebration event Thursday, May 31, visit www.powayhighfoundation.org.