By Elizabeth Marie Himchak Those thinking about walking down the aisle to say “I do” in the coming year should check out Bernardo Winery’s annual spring bridal fair on Sunday. The fair is one of two the winery typically holds each year. The other is in the fall. Admission is free to the fair, which runs 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, March 10 on the winery grounds, 13330 Paseo del Verano Norte, Rancho Bernardo. The first 25 brides will receive complimentary gift bags filled with various giveaways by the fair’s vendors, along with coupons to their businesses and some of the winery’s Village Shops, said Sam Pewitt, winery marketing director. There will also be complimentary champaign offered. Pewitt said there will be around 30 vendors participating, representing caterers, bakeries, florists, photographers, jewelers, wedding planners, hotels, stylists, DJs and more. “They’re from all over San Diego,” Pewitt said. “We’ve worked with them at the winery. We trust them.” In addition to specials offered by the participating vendors, Pewitt said the winery will be offering discounts to those who during the fair book any of its three venues — Rosario’s Pavilion, Vito’s Patio and Barrel Room — for a wedding or pre-wedding event, such as the rehearsal dinner. The fair’s highlight will be the Bridals by Susanti fashion show at 1 p.m. featuring attire for the entire wedding party. The Escondido-based boutique will bring the styles and colors likely to be most popular this year, Pewitt said. She is encouraging brides to bring their fiances, family and friends who can peruse the event and winery, which will be open to the public. She added the bridal fairs usually attract a couple of hundred attendees. For details, go to www.bernardowinery.com or call 858-487-1866 ext. 113.
- San Diego Trolley Dances 2015: A hot time in two parks http://www.lajollalight.com/news/2015/oct/02/san-diego-trolley-dances/ community-press-farm
- Boy Scouts help with Whale View Point projects http://www.lajollalight.com/news/2015/oct/02/boy-scouts-help-with-whale-view-point-project-2015/ community-press-farm
- Volunteers refurbish garden boxes in Solana Beach http://www.delmartimes.net/news/2015/oct/03/volunteers-refurbish-garden-boxes-solana-beach/ community-press-farm
- Encinitas council OKs ‘fruit forest’ dedicated to former mayor Barth http://www.encinitasadvocate.com/news/2015/oct/02/barth-fruit-forest-encinitas-council/ community-press-farm
- Rancho BEERnardo Festival returns Oct. 10 http://www.pomeradonews.com/news/2015/oct/03/rancho-beernardo-festival-returns-oct-10/ community-press-farm
- Design review board approves mural, selects new chairperson http://www.ramonasentinel.com/news/2015/oct/02/design-review-board-approves-mural-selects-new-cha/ community-press-farm
- Independent group created to keep residents informed on Rancho Santa Fe Covenant Club http://www.ranchosantafereview.com/news/2015/oct/03/covenant-club-group-independent/ community-press-farm